Abel TR Reel
The return of a classic. The new Abel TR stays true to the roots of the original, but with a striking modern design and feel.
The partial porting of the frame draws from the Abel lineage, and its unique features are as inventive as anything Abel has ever produced.
Crafted by Abel’s expert machinists in Montrose, Colorado, the TR is a lightweight masterpiece. An integrated, precision-balanced clicker on the spool eliminates the need for a counterweight, yielding a clean look and retaining an iconic click-pawl sound. The pronounced palming rim is deliberately shaped to manually control drag pressure in all fishing conditions. The TR also features a large-arbor spool engineered to reduce line memory and increase retrieval rate. Machined stainless steel accents on both the frame and spool add that extra level of detail found only in an Abel reel.
- Only 21 meticulously machined parts ensure a lifetime of dependable use
- A time honoured click-pawl system protects light tippets while preventing overruns
- Partially-ported frame for the perfect balance of weight, sound and aesthetics
- Milled silhouettes of a stonefly, caddisfly and mayfly inside the frame
- Quick-change spool with a threaded release cap and large-arbor design
- Designed and machined by trout junkies in Colorado
- Made in the USA
|Reel||Weight||Spool Diameter||Spool Width||Backing|
|TR 2/3||4.19oz||119g||3.06″||78mm||.755″||20mm||2wt + 65m 20lb||3wt + 50m 20lb|
|TR 4/5||4.65oz||132g||3.29″||84mm||.755″||20mm||4wt + 85m 20lb||5wt + 65m 20lb|
|TR 5/6||5.19oz||147g||3.68″||95mm||.755″||20mm||5wt + 110m 20lb||6wt + 100m 20lb|